Waste Bin Program
As part of the Zero Waste (ZW) program, the Zero Waste (ZW) stations have been introduced to increase waste diversion at Sheridan. These new ZW stations have replaced the old waste bins in the public and office areas in all of the four campuses. Below are the details about the program:
- Three waste streams are provided: Organics, Mixed Recycling, and Landfill.
- Three waste bins, one for each waste stream, are placed side by side in every Zero Waste station.
- All bins are colour-coded: Green for “Organics”, blue for “Mixed Recycling”, and black for “Landfill”.
- Staff are responsible for emptying any waste bins they have under their own office desks into the shared ZW bins in the common office areas. This helps increase awareness about waste reduction and diversion.
- The ZW stations are provided in the hallways near the entrance of the regular classrooms.
- The ZW stations are provided in the hallways at the entrance of the washrooms.