Do you need to borrow a bike for a few hours, few days, or a week? You’ve come to the right place!
The Sheridan Bike Hub at HMC is located at entrance A9 (from the outside across from Scholars’ Green) or A133 (through cafeteria doors by vending machines). We are opened Tuesdays to Thursdays from 10 – 4 p.m.
Steps to become a participant:
- Visit the Bike Hub with a valid OneCard during Registration. This program is currently available for Full-time students (please show your Enrollment Letter to complete this process), Staff, and Faculty.
- Read the Terms & Conditions below to familiarize yourself with the program.
Terms & Conditions
The Sheridan Bike Hub provides free services to members of the Sheridan Community. Anyone who abuses the program will be banned from accessing Sheridan Bike Hub services.
Renting a bike is a privilege, not a right; please treat the program with respect.
Sheridan Bike Hub equipment includes: bikes, lock, key, basket as well as all tools owned by Sheridan Office for Sustainability.
- Renters must provide their Sheridan information, read and sign a waiver before signing out any equipment. Full-time students need to show enrollment letter.
- Renters can only rent equipment for their own use using their OneCard. Do not share rental equipment with others.
- Bike rentals are for a one-week period and must be returned afterwards. There are no renewals of the same bike.
- All equipment must be returned during the Sheridan Bike Hub hours of operation on their due date to avoid late penalties. If for any reason you cannot return it on time, you must e-mail the Sheridan Bike Hub before your due date and request to have the bike returned the next business day.
- Late penalty: $5 a day up to a maximum of two weeks after which the bike will be reported missing to the Peel Police$5 loss/damage to bike lights
- $20 loss/damage to the key
- $40 loss/damage to the basket
- $60 loss/damage to a lock
Renting privileges will be suspended until all fines are paid in full.
- Fines are charged by the Sheridan Bike Hub Staff. You will be given a slip that states the charges on your account. Payment of the charges should be made at the Office of the Registrar desk by Debit. Return the slip to the Sheridan Bike Hub Staff once the charges have been paid in order to restore the rental privileges.
- Sheridan has the right to (a) withhold official transcripts; (b) deny further registration; (c) administrate encumbrance; (d) apply financial penalty to the student account where fees are left unpaid.
- Renters will be held financially responsible for any loss or damage to any equipment (bike, lock, basket, etc.) while they are signed out.
- Renters are responsible for knowing and obeying all traffic laws and taking safety precautions. Do not rent a bike if you are unsure of your riding ability. The Sheridan Bike Hub and its affiliates will not be responsible for any damages to yourself, others or property that may have occurred while using the Sheridan Bike Hub equipment.
- Sheridan Bike Hub Staff have the right to refuse rental of a bike to any person(s).
Contact us at SheridanBikeHub@sheridancollege.ca if you have any questions.
You can also join our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.