Mission Zero Pledge
Pledge Submission Form:
I support Sheridan in its commitment to sustainability and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions as outlined in the Mission Zero goals of:
- decreasing overall energy use and carbon emissions by 50% by 2020; and
- becoming a Zero Waste campus by 2020
I pledge to do my part to reduce my ecological footprint by taking one or more of the following actions on a daily basis:
- Correctly use the Zero Waste sorting bins. Recycle all e-waste.
- Bring a reusable water bottle.
- Bring a reusable coffee mug.
- Bring a Zero Waste lunch/snack to campus.
- Minimize the use of disposable items, including paper towel and packaging.
- Avoid printing documents or print double-sided whenever possible.
- Set computer in energy-saving mode and turn it off at the end of the day.
- Turn off lights when a room is not being used.
- use an alternative means of transportation to come to campus (e.g. public transit, bike).
- Use water with conservation in mind.
- Engage in conversation about climate change with others in person or through social media.
- Express my concerns regarding the environment to the local government representatives.